Monday, September 27, 2010

Special K Bars

Special K Bars are our dad's all time favorite treat. Ever since going on his diet he has sworn these bad boys off. I think he is going through withdrawals. I made a batch of these for a friend's birthday and decided to post some step-by-step pictures. Just maybe it might be the ROTM in October.

This is one of my favorite things to make because its super easy and does not involve a lot of clean up.


Ingredients
Special K Cereal, Karo Syrup, Peanut Butter, Sugar, Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips


Start by boiling the syrup and the sugar.

Then add the peanut butter.

Imaginary Picture - After the syrup, sugar and peanut butter are mixed add the Special K cereal.



Pour cereal mixture into cake pan
This is my favorite part of the dessert - I could eat this all day long

Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a bowl

Spread over cereal mixture

Cut and serve! Pure deliciousness
Well there you have it! I am pretty proud I only missed one picture opportunity. Now if you'll excuse me I am going to go eat the last bar before my dad has second thoughts about his diet.

2 comments:

  1. my all time favorite also.
    people here sometimes make them with rice crispies instead of special k.... pure crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE a special K bar. I agree with Chelsea, rice crispies dont cut it. Also, I have a feeling this blog might make me fat.

    ReplyDelete