Wednesday, September 29, 2010

101

Our Great Grandma Hau turned 101 yesterday! Isn't that awesome! We had a birthday celebration for her on Sunday and the Duffey girls were in charge of the cake. We made a big marble sheet cake with a french silk chocolate frosting. Krista used her amazing skills and made gorgeous roses.

Here is the cake in all its glory!


101 Birthday Cake

We decided to take a different approach for the border. The cake was a little on the short side and we felt if we did a big frosting border it would make it look silly. So we opted for some chocolate jimmies. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Chocolate Jimmies
Here are some pictures of Krista's amazing work! She is the BEST at making roses.
Flowers and Fall Foliage
Close-Up
So when I arrived at the nursing home for the party I asked my favorite Auntie Shannon for assistance carrying the cake in. While she was attempting to get it out of the car I forgot to mention how heavy it was (it was on a bread board). Well throughout this whole process her hand slipped and landed in the cake! Whoops! Ohh well, nothing a couple candles cant fix!

The Accident

Here I am with the lady of honor. She is looking pretty darn good for 101! Heck she is looking better than I am. I am so happy we were able to be apart of her special day!
Happy Birthday Great Grandma Hau!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you were not going to throw me under the bus!!!

    ReplyDelete