Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tyler John

I promise this is my last mushy-gushy post for the week. I just couldn't resist and the timing was perfect to tell you all about Tyler John. A few weeks back I had been busy studying and stressing for a certification exam I was preparing for. Tyler and I had just finished dinner and I asked what was for dessert. He asked what I wanted, I told him a chocolate chip cookie. He handed me a bag of 100 calorie Double Chocolate Chip cookies and went back about his business. I didn't think much of it and returned to studying. It was getting close to bedtime so I packed up all my study materials and headed to find Tyler, whom I thought was watching TV.

I walked into the kitchen and found this


Which then turned into this.

I could not believe my eyes. In the 5 years Tyler and I have been dating never once has he baked me anything. Obviously, it's usually the other way around. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! He tried to get me out of the kitchen but I couldn't resist watching and taking a few pictures.

One of my first comments was I didn't think I had any chocolate chips. He said "ohh I found some in the freezer." I looked at the bag on the counter and was sorry to tell him they weren't chocolate chips....they were butterscotch chips.

Butterscotch Chips

Not to worry. I had some chocolate baking bars that I told him he could chop up. No longer chocolate chip cookies, he was making chocolate chunk cookies.

Chocolate Chunks

He was on his way to making some delicious cookies. Here is an action shot. Checking out his recipe book.

Action Shot
Notice how nicely everything is mixing together


Yeah, you better believe it. He broke my mixer. Well, at least the attachment.

Not a Happy Camper

We were able to do a little finagling and put the mixer back together. Here is a picture of the dough. He was definitely a 'fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants' baker. He thought the dough was a little dry so he added another egg.

Cookie Dough

Let me tell you, his cookies were amazing! Cooked to perfection, soft and chewy. You could not ask for a better chocolate chunk cookie. And you may think I am bias but he got a lot of great reviews on these cookies. I was incredibly impressed.

Cookie Slew

Cookie Close-Up

That night alone I ate 3 of these cookies and I cannot even begin to count how many were eaten the next few days. He told me to never expect this again, joking of course! He might have just earned the spot of chocolate chunk cookie maker. =] Thanks Ty! They were absolutely delicious!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this story. I was giggling all the way through it. We always knew Tyler is a perfect mate for our little Emilee. He's a keeper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to show Uncle Hack this story!
    Auntie Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Grammy says, "Emilee you better not mess up this relationship with Tyler".

    ReplyDelete