Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins

As promised many days, ahem weeks, ago I made October's ROTM. Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins. Tyler had a group of friends in town for Halloween so I did some baking for them. I made these muffins along with the amazing Pumpkin Caramel Blondies.

In the Duffey household we have a Baking Room and a Baking Cupboard. Over the past few years we have accumulated ALOT of tools. I was rummaging through the cupboard and happened upon the cutest cupcake liners. Perfect for this recipe and Fall.

Orange Polka Dot Cupcake Liners

The recipe was very straightforward and easy to follow. I didn't fill my liners as full as the recipe called for because I wanted a bigger quantity of muffins.

My mother was the first guinea pig and her review was of mixed feelings. It had a great spice to it, however she wasn't crazy about the raisins. Note to self, make again for the mother, exclude the raisins.

All the boys raved about how good they were, but I think a bunch of guys will eat anything home-baked and enjoy it.

My review, they were OK. The title includes the word MOIST for a reason. They were very very sticky which I guess is better than being dry as a desert. If you are in the mood for a pumpkin muffin, this recipe will do the trick.

Muffins pre cream cheese frosting.
Tyler claims they become cupcakes once frosting is added.
However you can eat a muffin for breakfast =]

There is a brown sugar crumble you put on the muffin before it is baked.
When I went to put on the frosting the crumble mixed in and gave it a nice look.

Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffin

No comments:

Post a Comment