Monday, January 17, 2011

Championship Bars

So after much discussion we came to the decision that my mother's beloveded Championship Bars would be the next feature for our ROTM. She was even so lucky I whipped up a batch just for her. And you all are all so lucky because I took step by step pictures on how to make these delicious treats!



First things first these are the ingredients you will need


Flour, Brown Sugar, Egg, Butter, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla, Chocolate Chips, Nuts

Start by combining the flour and brown sugar

Cut in the cold butter until the mixture is smooth
So now i need you all to use your imagination and picture mixing in a 1/2 cup of chocolate chip to the butter/flour/sugar mixture. Of course I couldn't do the whole thing with all pictures necessary.
Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. We didn't have any clean cake pans so I used a smaller pan. The result being the bars were a smidge gooey, but still delicious. Bake for 15 minutes or until a light brown
While the crust is baking mix together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and an egg
Add in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts
Once the crust is baked pour the liquid ingredients over the crust and bake for another 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Perfection
Cool, cut, serve and enjoy (and make sure you share with my mother)!

Gooey
So good my mother even ate an outside piece!
Well here is what you have all been waiting for, my mother enjoying her Championship Bars! She had such a good night - she won at bingo and got one of her most favorite desserts!
Madre

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited to try these bars. In fact I think I may go make them right now. But of course my favorite part of the post is the picture of Sue enjoying her bar and savoring that bingo win!!

    ReplyDelete