Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mini Cake Bites

So our awesome brother-in-law was out and about and came across these baking pans. One was a mini sheet pan and the other was this mini cupcake pan (the coolest thing ever!) He also got us some pretty nifty sprinkles that are for the holiday season.


Mini Cupcake Pan
So this past weekend I baked four batches of my chocolate cake and decided to try out our new cupcake pan. I mean who doesn't love a mini piece of cake covered in frosting and sprinkles?


Mini Cake Bites
Lately I have had this obsession with all of the sprinkles we own. Currently we have baking stuff all throughout the Duffey household. We have a cupboard in the kitchen, a bookshelf in the front room, and essentially an entire bedroom upstairs. Its amazing at how you forget about some of the stuff you own. So I went to town and decorated each one a little differently.

We will start this picture escapade with a slew of Mini Cake Bites!

Slew

This next one was my absolute favorite. Crushed up Oreos! YUM!!

Oreos
While I was making these, Tyler John was over watching the Green Bay Packers dominate the Eagles so I decided to honor the Pack with green and gold stars.
Green Bay Packers
Brock picked out the Green Bay Packer one to eat - however he didn't actually eat the whole thing. Just the four stars and all the frosting. This little sprout is turning four at the end of January and as of Sunday requested a Batman cake (I am sure this will change about 6 more times)!
Brock Raymond
This one should be made for weddings. I think the pearls look elegant.
White Pearls

Originally I had made this one for my mother because her favorite color is purple. However, my cousin Brady scooped this one right up because he also enjoys the color!
Purple Sprinkles

Braden Matthew
Ok this is the last one, I promise. I bet you can guess what I had in mind for this mini cake bite - Valentine's Day! Isn't it precious?
Valentines Day
So there you have it! Tons of sprinkles in the Duffey house!

No comments:

Post a Comment