Friday, September 2, 2011

Pokemon or House ?

My good friend and coworker, Megan, closed on a house last Friday. Woohoo, super exciting!! After making bride and groom cake pops and pool party pops, I had a few extra cake balls laying around. I decided I would try and make them look like houses. My plan was to make 3 houses and make cute tags saying "Congrats on Your New House!"

Well lets just say it did not go according to plan. I was crunched for time and was feeling a little rushed. I had the houses assembled but needed to add the detailing.


This is a picture of what the houses looked like pre-decorating. Not too bad, it had the general shape of a house.
House Cake Pop

Krista was put in charge of making it look cute. I left the kitchen for awhile and when I came back I couldn't help but laugh. She managed to create a broken home or what I took to calling Pokemon.


Pokemon

Can we all agree this is not our best work? This is just to let you know we are all human and are capable of making some pretty ugly creations. Plus, its a good laugh!

Hopefully you all have a great, long Labor Day weekend. Our little cousin, Brady, has put us up to a pretty tough cake challenge for his birthday cake. Check back Tuesday for an update.

1 comment:

  1. Well...you didn't give me much to work with! :)

    ReplyDelete