Thursday, October 21, 2010

Amazing Cakes

Ty and I just got back from a fabulous vacation in Arizona. I love warm weather and vacations! I was so sad to see the weather temperature back here in MN when I printed my boarding pass. A high of 50 degrees! I am not ready for Winter!!

We stayed with my favorite Uncle Rick and Aunt Jane while we were in Arizona. My uncle travels the country as an auctioneer, yes he can talk REALLY fast. Currently he is working on a project in Denver. One of his coworkers was talking about his recent accomplishments in the kitchen and my Uncle mentioned our blog and what we are trying to do here at Holy Hannah's.

This is no lie, these were the gentleman's first 2 cakes ever! When I first saw the pictures I couldn't believe it. These cakes could come straight out of Ace of Cakes they are so amazing. So here is a shout-out to Mr. Baker from The Great Indoors in Denver, Colorado and his amazing cakes!

Hamburger
Check out the detail of the sesame seeds!

Chili Pepper Cake

Close up
All those peppers are cake covered in fondant

After seeing these pictures I have been inspired to get back on the baking train. I was slacking the past week or so. It must have been because my dad was hollering about all the butter I have been using. =]

2 comments:

  1. Your father and I were wondering if you were going to be replacing the 10 lbs of missing butter from the freezer. Thank you for the kind words about your old uncle. I must have missed the reporting about hiking the mountains in Arizona?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hiking mountains in Arizona! They are quite challenging especially when we get lost thanks to my favorite cousin Keegan! Dont worry Dad keeps stocking up on the butter. We are in good shape.

    ReplyDelete