Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blondies

This past Sunday our family got together to celebrate the birth of Grammy and Auntie Shannon. Last year we went all out with this little ditty for the party:


Bright, right? This was the final cake we had to make for our cake class, and it has a lot of character, to say the least. This year we decided to stay low key with a store bought Banana Cream pie (we have yet to master pies), chocolate chip cookies and blondies. Blondie's are one of Auntie Shannon's favorite treats so I HAD to make them. I ran into a little bit of trouble with the wax paper however, the recipe called for Parchment Paper but I only had wax paper on hand. I thought I would be okay, but we ended up having to peel it off every single bar. Oops! It was fine, I just blamed it on Mike ;)



The bars were quite delicious despite the fact that I received a few complaints from the peanut gallery (cough*Emilee*coughcough!) about using semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate. I am quite partial to the semi-sweet chips, they always remind me of eating fulls (peanut butter on a spoon covered in chocolate chips) at the Lee's house when we were younger. It took me a while to figure out why they always tasted better when I ate them with Chelsea. At first, I thought it had something to do with the Jif peanut butter instead of the Skippy we had at our house. But instead I decided it was the fact that my mom always bought milk chocolate chips and Mindy always had semi-sweet. Thank you Lee Family for converting me over to the dark side :)

1 comment:

  1. Not a problem Krista! You cannot go wrong with a delicious full

    ReplyDelete