Monday, October 11, 2010

Homemade Cinnamon Bread

Two weekends ago Tyler was being an all star and studying for his CPA exam. I decided I would play Susie Homemaker and bake some bread. I found a homemade cinnamon bread recipe awhile back that I have been dying to try and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Boy, was I wrong!

I decided to try and make bread on the coldest day of Fall thus far. I wanted to make 4 loaves of bread so I could take some to Appleton with me. Early Sunday AM I got up and made my dough. I put it in the oven with the light on so it would raise while I ran off to the gym. It was in the oven close to 3 hours and didn't rise much. I decided I would shape it in my loaves and put them back in the oven to raise again. Well they were in there for about 6 hours and might have risen a 1/2 inch. No good! At 10 pm Sunday night I decided I had waited long enough and just wanted to get this bread baked!

Here is a look at the inside of the bread. As you can tell the very center of the bread didn't rise to the most desired height. Ohh well, you live and you learn. The bread still tasted delicious!


Cinnamon Bread

I decided I wanted to try and put a glaze on the top of the bread to give it a little more sweetness. Well it worked for about a minute and then in all slid down to the bottom on the loaf pan. So instead of having the glaze on the top, my bread rocked its glaze on the bottom. Again, you live and you learn.

Pure deliciousness
So this was not my most successful encounter with making bread. I might just stick to cinnamon rolls next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment