Friday, August 5, 2011

Avalanche Bars

It is hotter than Hades here in Minnesota and what does Mr. D decide to do? Turn off the air. The man is crazy! I had the itch to do some baking before I realized it would be 81 degrees in our house. Luckily I had another no-bake recipe in my arsenal!

Avalanche Bars are incredibly easy to make and are extremely tasty. Its suppose to be another scorcher this weekend so make these cool summer treats.

Here are the goods you will need to make these fabulous bars

1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
2 heaping tbsp of Peanut Butter
3 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
1/2 mini Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows


Start by combining the white chocolate chips and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl.


Melt for 40 seconds, seriously only 40. When you take the bowl out of the microwave the ingredients wont look melted enough, but trust me, after a little stirring all the white chocolate chips will be melted.


Add in the 3 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Let this cool to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes.


Once the mixture is cool add in the mini chocolate chips and marshmallows.


Stir together until all combined.


Press into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan and put in the fridge to harden. I ended up doubling the recipe and pressed it into a sheet pan. Trust me, it's well worth doubling. =]



Do all you can to resist eating this before it hardens. It's going to be difficult, I struggled. But once they are completely hardened you wont regret it. These are delicious treats that taste amazing on hot summer day!

Tower of Avalanche Bars

Avalanche Bars

Avalanche Bars Up-Close

1 comment:

  1. Your Dad turning off the air made me laugh out loud. Some things really never change! I sure wish I was there to pull out a lawn chair and sit on the driveway tonight with your Mom and Dad while enjoying one of those avalanche bars. Good times. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete