Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

A coworker asked if I would make a treat for our interns who are leaving us to head back to school. In my stack of recipes I found this beauty, Oreo Cupcakes. I love looking at all the cooking and baking blogs out on the Internet and Bakerella is one of my favorites. She posted the recipe awhile back and I couldn't stop salivating (sorry, gross word) while reading it. And after making these, it did not disappoint.

I thought about taking step by step pictures but due to lack of sleep and time all you are getting is the final result, which wasn't exactly how I envisioned them to be. My brain was not functioning and I was hoping I could get my Oreos crushed up enough, sans food processor, to put in my frosting. Not so much, after popping 2 decorating bags I gave up and just slapped the frosting on. Don't let my pictures be deceiving, make these, they are tasty and well worth every calorie.

I ended up making the cupcakes in two different ways. The first way was taking an Oreo and crushing it up and adding it directly to the batter.

Crushed Oreo Cookies

I loved the way these cupcakes looked right out of the oven. The cream filling and cookie pieces add a nice texture to the batter.


Even though the cookie crumb addition to the frosting caused me quite a headache I love the way it makes the frosting look.

Oreo Cupcake

The second way I made the cupcake was adding a whole Oreo to the cupcake. No crushing up, just added as is. I wasn't quite sure how these would turn out but surprisingly I preferred this way over the crushed cookies. As if a cupcake or an Oreo alone isn't bad enough for you, why not combine them? I love the way these look post first bite.

Whole Oreo Cupcake

 
Close-Up of Whole Oreo Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment