Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Fort

I am once again holding down the fort while Emilee is out of town. This time she and Tyler, along with my parents, grandparents and cousins hitched a flight to Las Vegas for a little bit of sun, gambling and Garth Brooks. I've been a busy bee since they left and the good news is, I have yet to burn anything, including microwave popcorn.

Yesterday, I received a phone call that Baby Blake was born at 1:30 am. We made cake-pops for our friend Lisa when she was hosting a baby shower for Blake's mommy. Kelly, the proud grandmother ,was going to buy some of those chocolate cigars to help celebrate the occasion, but then she thought better of the idea and asked me to make some cake pops! So last night, I was hard at work on an entire batch of cake pops all on my own. Kelly loved them so much, she ordered another batch on the spot! I'll be back in the kitchen again tonight for round 2 :)


In Emilee's words, here is the entire "slew" of cake pops.


I decided to wrap them up individually so Kelly could easily hand them out to Blake's visitors at the hospital. I just used a bit of cling wrap and red ribbon to polish the look.






No comments:

Post a Comment