Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

This recipe comes from a lady whom I work with. I am not going to lie, I am not a huge fan of Oatmeal Raisin cookies and usually turn my nose up at them. However, these cookies are to die for! The first time I brought these cookies home I told Krista she had to try them. When I told her what kind they were she too turned her nose up. I broke off half a cookie for her to try, no more than 2 minutes later she asked where the rest of her cookie was. =] They are that good!

The secret is this recipe is made with very special ingredients. No butter, if you can believe that and golden yellow raisins. Golden yellow raisins are 100% different then normal raisins and give the cookie a great taste.

Here is a glimpse at the dough before it gets baked. No mixer needed just your own two hands.


This is what the cookies look like pre-baked. You want to get about 1/4 cup of dough, make it into a nice ball, and then flatten it slightly to look like a saucer. This give the cookie optimal shape while baking.



Here is what the cookies look like post-baking. They are HUGE! You can seriously only have one cookie and you get your fill.


Here is a whole slew of Oatmeal Raisin cookies. I am craving one now just from looking at these pictures! YUM!


So apparently we are on a cookie kick in the baking department. Tomorrow night we are once again getting creative with cake pops. Here's a hint - think cartoon character.

No comments:

Post a Comment