Monday, July 11, 2011

Banana Cake

I know you are all going to be thrilled when I tell you I used the rest of the bananas in the Duffey household. I used the bananas in two different recipes. The first recipe was a banana cake with a vanilla bean frosting. Two very important ingredients in both the cake and frosting were (a) obviously the bananas and (b) vanilla bean paste. I have never used the paste before and I like that it is a mix between the extract and an actual vanilla bean. Its a good combo.

Vanilla Bean Paste

Here is a look at the frosting with the vanilla bean paste. I love that you can see the flecks of bean in it.

Vanilla Bean Frosting

The final product - Banana Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting

The frosting got a little runny, but had delicious flavor it really didn't matter

Banana Cake with Vanilla Bean Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment