Tuesday, July 19, 2011

HOT HOT HOT

My father has officially banned all baking in the Duffey household for the week. I cant say I am super upset because lets face it, it's way too hot to be baking. Minnesota  has successfully throw its resident for another weather loop. We have been rocking 90+ degrees temperatures since last Friday and the humidity is out of control!

Yesterday I got the pleasure of having Twins tickets. They were a make-up game from April that got cancelled due to rain and snow. Nothing like going from one extreme (wearing long underwear to the game) to the other (not being able to take off enough clothes to stay cool).

My one saving grace yesterday when I got home, a slice of  ice cream cake I made the other weekend. It was glorious and I will be consuming the rest of the cake by the end of the week, or maybe even tonight.

Homemade Ice Cream Cake

Try and stay cool Minnesotans!

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that. You know it's bad when you walk outside and your eye glasses fog up!!! Only in Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete