Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Snicker Bar Cheesecake

Every year for Tyler's birthday I try and make him a different kind of birthday cake. I like to try out new recipes or alter his favorite by adding a secret ingredient. This year I was having a difficult time coming up with something.

My first thought was to make a cake using Special K Bars. Layer two 8 x 8 squares on top of one another and cover it in the chocolate/butterscotch topping to disguise it as a cake. Krista shot down that idea so my next thought drifted to strawberries.

We had some in the fridge and they were on sale at Cub so I thought it might make for a nice refreshing cake. Tyler isn't crazy about strawberries however. I asked him on a scale of 1 - 10 how he felt about strawberries. He rated them a 7. I thought to myself well that's not too bad but he kindly pointed out that a 7 is a C and nobody likes to get Cs. So there went idea number 2.

After purchasing my spring-form pan I then thought of making cheesecake. I found a recipe where you get to include your favorite candy bar in and decided this was the winner for Tyler's birthday cake. This was my first time ever making cheesecake. I was quite nervous. With our temperamental oven and my lack of experience I wasn't quite sure when the cheesecake was completely baked through. The vague directions of the sides should bake away from the pan and the middle should be jiggly were not very helpful. So I baked as directed and prayed for the best.

Once the cheesecake was cut into, it didn't stand a chance. It was gone in a matter of hours and everyone raved about it. Thank goodness! I was so nervous about the results I forgot to take pictures of the entire cake. So this is what was left after the first go around.

Snicker Bar Cheesecake

From a little research this was a basic cheesecake recipe with snicker bar pieces folded into the batter.

Snicker Bars, Cheesecake, Chocolate Cookie Crust

Happy 24th Birthday Ty!

No comments:

Post a Comment