Friday, July 29, 2011

Fish Cupcakes

 

One Fish

Two Fish

Red Fish
 
Blue Fish
Gotta love a Dr Seuss rhyme! Last night I got the pleasure of baking with this little lady

Katelyn Rae

Katelyn and her sister Ashlyn are spending the weekend at my parent's house. Her mom and dad are out of town at a fishing tournament. Katelyn sent me an email earlier this week asking if I would make cupcakes with her. She wanted to make Dora the Explorer cupcakes but they looked a little complicated. I found these fish cupcakes and though it was the perfect opportunity to make them! Katelyn was in 7th heaven.  Katelyn was incredibly helpful in the kitchen. She helped pick out the right color M&Ms (eating half along the way), mix the frosting colors (she had to stop halfway through, her arm was sore), and of decorating her little heart out!

We each made our own school of fish. Here is Katelyn's school.

Katelyn's School

As you can tell Katelyn got quite creative. She ended up naming a few of her creations. Here is a close-up of her favorite fish.



This is her blue fish. It is pretty dang good if you ask me!

This one's name is Windmill. It can swim in any direction
Here is a picture of my school of fish. I think they are super cute!

Emilee's School
If I were thinking I should have had some swimming in the other direction

I had the idea to send her parents a picture of the fish with a little message for their tournament this weekend.

Good Luck!

Katelyn's parents loved the message! Hopefully they will be able to catch some big fish and win the tournament this weekend.

Katelyn was a great helper in the kitchen and she couldnt wait to try her first fish cupcake!

Katelyn ready to eat!

I was really tempted to eat one too, but it was just too darn cute.

Orange Fishy

The two of us had so much fun baking and decorating these fish cupcakes together.

Katelyn and I

2 comments:

  1. Those are the CUTEST cupcakes I have every seen. And Katelyn did a super job as Holy Hannah's number one baking assistant. Looks like you have a future employee in training. Great job!

    ReplyDelete